Well, let me sum up all goals which are given to me as part of my GSoC job. My GSoC project has fancy name, it is “Porting and reworking the BuildmLearn Toolkit for Linux, OS2 and Mac OS X”. The “reworking” part will be probably tougher, as the majority of the application will be rewritten to better supportability and maintainability.
I split goals into several categories. OK, let’s see it. [TBD] means “To Be Done”.
openSUSE Build Service
- DONE Create OBS scripts and make semi-automatic package creation working for major Linux distributions.
- DONE Write short tutorial about OBS to explain its functionality to BuildmLearn Toolkit community.
- DONE Add support for NSIS semi-automatic installators creation.
- DONE Make CMake script working with Qt4 and Qt5 and support Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.
- DONE Implement “make lupdate” and “make lrelease” targets for refreshing of localization files.
- DONE Setup Transifex service for localization of the application.
- DONE Use Doxygen to document the source code.
- DONE Remove QRC approach and use external files only.
- DONE Restructure the overall layout of sources within the project, clearly separate the application logic core from user interface, separate the templates.
- DONE Tweak code style and conventions we use to match general Qt code style.
- DONE Implement custom application-wide settings mechanism which is needed for every serious applications and allows us to have “portable” application which can be run for example from USB stick.
- DONE Implement basic “check for updates” feature (user is notified about existince of newer stable version than he/she currently uses).
- DONE Implement custom application icons handling mechanism (the one provided by Qt is sometimes faulty).
- DONE Separate all inline Qt stylesheets in separate mechanism and implement XML based “skin” mechanism.
- DONE Refactor the code base. Remove deprecated API usage, use fixed-size modal dialogs on Windows platform and fix some QLayout-related memory leaks. Enforce correct QObject-parent usage throughout the code base.
- DONE Rewrite simulator look & feel, improve its resolution handling if possible and solve button overlaying issues.
- DONE Implement reasonable localization handling mechanism.
- DONE Add custom “tutorial” screen to application which will describe the whole concept (or its important parts) of the application to the user.
- DONE Port whole code base and build-specific things to Linux with testing on Archlinux.
- PARTIALLY DONE Ensure that application is compilable and runs reasonably on Mac OS X and OS/2 operating systems and perform some testing on those platforms if possible.